JFA Purple Orange – focus groups helping the Disability Royal Commission
RESEARCH FOCUS GROUPS
ADELAIDE, MOUNT GAMBIER and KADINA
JANUARY & FEBRUARY 2020
Do you live with disability or have a family member living with disability?
Do you want to take part in a 90 minute focus group?
• $60 gift card will be provided as a thank you for your participation.
• Travel costs to attend will be covered, such as local taxi fares.
The Australian Government is running a Royal Commission to find out about violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation against people living with disability.
DACSSA has been funded to support people who want to engage with the Disability Royal Commission. JFA Purple Orange has been asked by the Royal Commission to conduct research about the Disability Royal Commission.
Specifically, JFA Purple Orange wants to help the Commission to understand the best language to use when communicating with people about the work they are doing. They will be running group sessions to:
- understand how people living with disability talk about violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation
- clarify what these terms mean to people living with disability
- find out if people use different words to talk about these issues
The conversation will be kept general and will not discuss people’s personal experiences. You do not need to have experienced violence, abuse, neglect or exploitation to take part.
If you would like to be part of a focus group, please register online at https://www.eventbrite.com.au/o/jfa-purple-orange-8525954816.
If you would like help registering, if there is currently no focus group suitable for you, or if you have any other questions, contact Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 8373 8312.