Disability Advocate - NDIS Appeals
- Flexible hours available
- Salary packaging benefits available
- Travel may be required / Regional based applicants considered
Are you passionate about making a difference for people living with disability? Join our growing team!
DACSSA is a well-established independent advocacy service for people living with disability in South Australia. We advocate for inclusion, equality, choice & social justice.
We are seeking a highly driven, reliable and knowledgeable person to join our committed & progressive team in the provision of person-centred, high quality individual advocacy services to assist people to navigate disability issues including NDIS Appeals.
With values aligned to the organisation, the successful applicant will have exceptional communication skills, appreciation of culture and diversity, as well as a sound understanding of human rights and the types of issues encountered by people living with disability like the NDIS and structural barriers to equity.
This role will require a trauma-informed approach and effective management of an advocacy file load that will include supporting and empowering people to interact with the NDIS & the appeals process.
To succeed in this role, you will need…
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated commitment to DACSSA’s values and objectives
- A broad understanding of disability and associated challenges
- Knowledge of the disability sector, systems and stakeholders
- Knowledge of the NDIS, its impact on people with disability and the appeals process
- Knowledge of the Disability Royal Commission
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to build relationships
- Cultural and diversity awareness / competency
- To support individuals in a person-centred, trauma informed manner
- To provide confidential and impartial support
- To empower clients to self-advocate
- Efficient and accurate administration and IT skills
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement
- A demonstrated ability to prioritise competing demands
- Effective time and resource management skills and ability to demonstrate sound performance
- A demonstrated ability to effectively solve problems and manage conflict
- Satisfactory criminal history and employment screening records.
Applications including a CV and cover letter can be submitted by email to Kendall Field: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DACSSA is an equal opportunity employer. People with disability, as well as individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.